Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my organization is qualified for funding from the Lindy Infante Foundation?
Please thoroughly review our two focus areas of funding (Partner Organizations and individual Youth Sports Scholarships) to evaluate eligibility and alignment with our priorities and mission. If you are applying for a Youth Sports Scholarship, you will be required to fill out an eligibility application for the youth. If you are requesting a grant for a nonprofit organization, you will be required to fill out a Letter of Intent.
Are there deadlines to apply for grants?
Currently, there are no deadlines. The Lindy Infante Foundation accepts applications or LOI’s on an ongoing basis, year-round.
How often does the Foundation approve grants?
The Foundation makes decisions on a monthly basis. The average time from submission to grant award is typically 30-45 days.
My organization is in Cleveland, can I apply?
No, currently the Foundation is only making grants to Central Ohio nonprofit organizations and to youth living in Central Ohio through Sports Scholarships.
How can I help the Foundation give more kids the opportunity to play sports?
You can help the Lindy Infante Foundation support youth sports in any of the following ways:
- Donate to the Lindy Infante Foundation. The Foundation guarantees that 100% of the monies raised goes directly to leveling the playing field and getting more youth to participate in sports in Central Ohio.
- Ask your friends and family to donate and support your favorite team(s) via social media.
- Follow the Lindy Infante Foundation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date on the Foundation. Like, favorite, and share the Foundation’s posts to help spread the word!
What does the Lindy Infante Foundation not fund?
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals except through its Sports Scholarship for youth.
- Except in rare circumstances the Foundation does not make grants to for-profit institutions.
- The Foundation does not make grants for research.
- The Foundation does not support political activities, candidates, committees, organizations or attempts to influence action on specific legislation.
- The Foundation does not provide Sports Scholarships to college-aged students. To receive a Sports Scholarship for the Lindy Infante Foundation, the child must be between the ages of 6-17.
- The Foundation does not make grants to projects or organizations in the creative or performing arts.
- The Foundation does not make grants for endowments.
- The Foundation does not make grants to support capital projects – buildings and equipment – unless it can be demonstrated that such capital expenditures are essential to the success of a Foundation-supported program or sports initiative.
Who does the Lindy Infante Foundation partner with?
The Lindy Infante Foundation partners with numerous like-minded organizations. From the Boys & Girls Club of Columbus to Second and Seven Foundation and KIPP Columbus – we strive to work with partners who share our passion for the importance of youth sports.
Who is Lindy Infante?
Lindy Infante became a Hall of Fame football captain for the University of Florida and head coach of the Green Bay Packers. But, at a young age, the cards were stacked against him. It was through sports that he was given an opportunity to truly shine. And that’s what changed everything for him and his family. Learn more about the life of Lindy Infante.
What does “Live Like Lindy” mean?
The phrase, “Live like Lindy,” means that through adversity and opportunity, the greatness in children will shine. And what better platform to shine than on the field or the court?